The TransRockies is a run like no other. The huge logistical challenges we take on in offering 6 days of fully supported running allow our participants to participate in a unique and epic challenge that they can share with teammates and friends. The GORE-TEX® TransRockies Run is a week that will provide you with years of memories and stories.
We understand that events like the GORE-TEX® TransRockies Run are a major investment for our participants and every year, we work hard to keep prices affordable while packing huge value into the every facet of the experience. Like they would when making other major purchases, our participants closely examine our value and pricing before making a decision to register and we believe that we consistently deliver the best package in the sport. Our participants seem to agree: in post-event surveys, well over 90 per cent of them consistently rate our event as delivering great value for their dollar.
Here are our Top 5 Reasons to register for the GORE-TEX® TransRockies Run this year!
1. Great Route: Again in 2010, we’re responding to your feedback and evolving our route to include more singletrack and great views. Runners this year can look forward to a fun new descent down into Vail on some of the mountain’s world-class singletrack, and a few extra miles of scenic singletrack trail along the shores of Twin Lakes at the end of Stage 2.
2. The Best Swag in the Business: Here’s a quick list of some of the goodies our runners take home with them after the event: WINDSTOPPER® jacket, Timex watch, Nathan hydration system, socks, event tees and more. With at least $500 in swag, runners will walk away with a whole bag of gear to accompany their great memories.
3. Spectacular Mountain Vistas: The TransRockies Run continues to put more “mountain” in your mountain running with a route across the top of the Colorado Rockies in high alpine meadows. Along with crossing the Continental Divide, runners pass through some of the highest country in North America with spectacular views of some the highest peaks in the lower 48.
4. Still setting the standard for Participant Support & Production Values: The TransRockies event team has organized dozens of World-class events and the TransRockies Run sets the standard for full-spectrum participant support and flawless event production. Along with an event village that includes hot showers, plentiful and delicious food, massage, and daily bag/tent service, the event production includes the best daily banquet with high-quality video and photos of each stage.
5. The Best Camaraderie: Those who haven’t run the GORE-TEX® TransRockies Run before are surprised by the amazing spirit and energy in the race village as runners, staff and supporters mingle with nothing more pressing to do than recover for the next day’s run and tell stories about the past one. The “relaxation expo” grows a little more every year with easy chairs, foot massagers and needed shade while the evening campfire is always a highlight.